1. When do you meet?

2018 Fort Donelson Camp # 62 Meetings

– January 23rd , 6:00 PM
– March 27th, 6:00 PM
– May 22nd, 6:00 PM
– July 24th 6:00 PM
– September 25th, 6:00 PM
– November 27th, 6:00 PM

Meetings are held at Ft. Negley (1100 Fort Negley Blvd, Nashville, TN 37203)

For information on our meetings or programs, please contact Junior Vice Commander, Joe Smyth via e-mail at JViceCommander@tnsuvcw.org.

  1. How do I join?  Membership information may be found here…
  2. How can I do research Civil War Veteran records?Original Civil War veterans’ records for both sides of the conflict (Union and Confederate) are housed in the National Archives in Washington, D.C. National Archive records are obtained by completing form NATF-86.You can get the forms at:

    Another database of available records may be found at:http://www.civilwar.nps.gov/cwss/.
    Many state archives are also useful.

  3. Sons of Veterans ReserveHereditary, Junior and Associate members are eligible to join the Sons of Veterans Reserve. Charter Membership will remain open for a short time. The $7.00 dues fee will cover membership for 2009 and 2010. To join the 10th Tennessee Infantry (US), 7th Military District SVR – contact David DuBrucq at 10thtnsvr@tnsuvcw.org.
  4. Grave RegistrationThe goal of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War (SUVCW) National Grave Registration Project is to locate the final resting places of all Union Civil War Veterans, and enter that information into the National Graves Registration Database. This undertaking is rather large and needs as many interested people to assist as possible.As with any project such as this, considerable fieldwork will be needed to obtain the information that will eventually be placed into the National database. Individuals who wish to assist the SUVCW may obtain a Grave Registration packet (consisting of a set of instructions, list of abbreviations and a Graves Registration form) by clicking the link. Each completed form will represent one Union soldier’s grave. Upon completion of the form, it can then be mailed to the National Grave Registration Officer for inclusion in the National database or by submission to the FDC#62 Graves Registration Officer.  More information regarding the project may be found: