Hereditary Eligibility (Member & Junior) and
Non-hereditary Eligibility (Associate)
A membership application for the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War may be obtained from this Web Site by selecting the following link: Application
Additional information may be found on the SUVCW national website!
If you wish to join Fort Donelson Camp # 62 or any other SUVCW Camp in Tennessee or Alabama, you may speed your application process along by mailing your application to:
A male descendant, 14 years of age or older, who: or
A male descendent, 6-14 years of age, who:
1. is directly descended from a Soldier, Sailor, Marine or member of the Revenue Cutter Service (or directly descended from a brother, sister, half-brother, or half-sister of such Soldier, etc.) who was regularly mustered and served honorably in, was honorably discharged from, or died in the service of, the Army, Navy, Marine Corps or Revenue Cutter Service of the United States of America or in such state regiments called to active service and was subject to the orders of United States general officers, between April 12, 1861 and April 9, 1865;
2. has never been convicted of any infamous or heinous crime; and
3. has, or whose ancestor through whom membership is claimed, has never voluntarily borne arms against the government of the United States.
Associate: Men who do not have the ancestry to qualify for hereditary membership may become Associates if they:
1. Demonstrate a genuine interest in the Civil War; and
2. Can subscribe to the purpose and objects of the SUVCW
Although an Associate is not required to meet the lineage requirement of a Member, he is still subject to the second and third provisions of hereditary eligibility. An Associate may vote and hold any office except those of Commander-in-Chief, Senior Vice Commander-in-Chief, Junior Vice Commander-in-Chief, National Secretary, National Treasurer and Commanding Officer of the Sons of Veterans Reserve. Associates may not exceed one-third of the total membership of the Camp at the time of election.